Getting enough protein isn’t always practical, but failing to prepare is preparing to fail, so take some time to cook up these pumpkin protein bars, and start racking up the gains.
|Takes||10 minutes + chilling time|
|What you need||250g mixed nuts and seeds, whatever you have in the cupboard
50g desiccated coconut
4tbsp Meridian Pumpkin Seed Butter
50g coconut oil, melted
1tbsp Meridian Squeezy Syrup (we used Agave)
2tsp vanilla extract
50g orange flavour vegan chocolate
|1. Line a 20cm x 15cm tin or Tupperware with greaseproof paper
2. Put the nuts and seeds into a food processor and blitz to a fine meal
3. Add the coconut, Pumpkin Seed Butter, coconut oil, Agave Syrup and vanilla and blitz again so that the mixture starts to clump
4. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and freeze while you melt the chocolate
5. Gently melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until it’s smooth then set aside for a few minutes to cool
6. Drizzle over the base then return to the fridge to firm up then cut into bars
For more Meridian nut butter recipes, click here.