SECTION 1 – WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
Through the Healthy and Healthy For Men websites you can sign up to newsletters, enter competitions, subscribe to our publication, vote in polls, complete surveys and place postings on forums.
To process your requests and orders and other activities, it may be necessary to collect personal information about you. This includes, but is not limited to: your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number.
If you subscribe to our magazine, our subscription bureau Intermedia Brand Marketing Ltd will collect your credit/debit card information to process a magazine subscription only.
We will never ask you to disclose any more information than is reasonably necessary us to process your request. We may also use this information to communicate with you directly, for example to notify you in the event you have won a competition or to contact you in relation to a subscription you hold with us.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a task, transaction, verify your credit card, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for another reason, like email marketing newsletters, we will ask you directly for your explicit consent.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you at any time, by clicking on the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email or see Section 11.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
SECTION 4 – THIRD PARTIES
In general, the third-parties used by us will only use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
We may also pass your personal information to third parties to enable them to process a request, to supply you with a prize in the event you win a competition; or to obtain professional advice.
Only if you have expressly opted in to receiving marketing communication from a third party, will we pass on your email and name, and there will always be an option for you to say no.
4.1 Third Party Data Processors
The following 3rd party companies are used by The River Group to process your data. All have been audited for their GDPR compliance:
- Wufoo. River provides online forms via Wufoo. Wufoo’s secure data centres are based in the US, but are EU-US Privacy shield certified and are GDPR compliant.
- Quatrix: where data must be transferred between 3rd parties and River, Quatrix secure file transfer is used.
- The Marketing Centre processes all competition postal entries. Any postal entries received are securely shredded by Marketing Centre after the competition closing date and used only to administer the competition.
- Adestra Marketing. Adestra marketing is River’s email marketing provider, who uphold leading security practices. They have accreditations in DataSeal, ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013.
- Pocket Mags. Pocket Mags process our digital magazine subscriptions. PocketMags encrypts data at rest and in transit.
- Intermedia Brand Marketing Ltd handles the healthy subscription data. The subscription bureau will collect your credit/debit card information to process a magazine subscription only.
- Competition Providers: in cases where you have explicitly opted-in to marketing communications from competition providers, or have won any prizes offered, we will share relevant details with the provider.
SECTION 5 – LINKS
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
SECTION 7 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure technology and stored with an encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 8 – Cookies
The information collected by cookies does not personally identify you; it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Website and your location.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can change the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser – remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
- Analytics cookies
These monitor how visitors move around the Website and how they reached it. This is used so that we can see total (not individual) figures on which types of content users enjoy most, for instance.
- Third-party service cookies
Social sharing, video and other services we offer are run by other companies. These companies may drop cookies on your computer when you use them on our site or if you are already logged in to them.
To learn more about Cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
SECTION 9 – HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will retain your information for as long as necessary for the uses set out in this notice. If you ask us to delete your information before that time, where possible we will do this without undue delay. There may be occasions though when we may not be able to do so, due to legal, regulatory and contractual constraints. For example, we would need to retain your name and contact details for suppression purposes if you do not want to receive direct marketing from us.
If our brand is acquired or Holland and Barrett merge with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 11 – QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Data Protection Officer at River Publishing, 16 Connaught place, London, W2 2ES, you can do this by email, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Privacy.”